CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Ithaca, New York

Last Saturday we had a very special afternoon near Cornell University visiting the old stomping grounds of Steve's dad, Vernon H. Jensen Jr. We saw the house were he was raised and then we went down into the gorge near his house where he spent hours playing as a young boy! We talked about Grandpa Vern and Steve shared a lot of stories about him. Although the kids and I have never had the privilege of meeting him because he passed away when Steve was 19, we all feel a connection to him through Steve and feel like we know and love him.




5 comments:

Lakes are Great said...

I wish I was back in New York!

Unknown said...

Too bad we missed you! We are only about 2 hrs from Ithica. If you come up this way again, let us know, we'd love to meet up with you

Annette Rose said...

I can't believe you are all the way to New York! You guys look like you are having a ton of fun though. Hey I met Holly today. She came over for a playdate. She is super nice. Turns out we have a mutual friend so we all got together. Small world.

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful home! How great you got to see it in person. It looks like you are having a wonderful time on your trip! We miss you and look forward to catching up when you get home :)

Amanda said...

What amazing experience you guys are having!!! I miss you and can't wait for you to get back. I wish I had known you had a blog, I would've been following you this whole time, but now I do and I'll go back and check it all out.