CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

A miracle in Toronto, Canada

We were staying at a KOA campground just outside Toronto. The kids were playing right outside the RV. The camp host had put all the picnic benches up for the season (due to the cold weather) leaning against the trees. Seth and Emilie were running around and playing near our picnic bench, when before I could do or say anything, I witnessed the heavy wooden picnic bench falling down with my two youngest underneath it! I ran over to them as fast as I could and was relieved that the table missed Emilie completely! I knew that was a miracle all by itself- then I realized that Seth hadn't been as fortunate and he was face down on the grass! He wasn't moving and it hurt so bad that he wasn't even crying which of course made me panic even more! I picked him up and saw that his head was bleeding, so I grabbed a towel and put pressure on his head. I looked at him in the eyes to show him my love and told him that I was going to say a prayer for him. Then, with all my children around me, I offered up the deepest prayer of faith and pleading that a mother could muster. Then I grabbed some ice for his head and I just held and comforted him. I was amazed at how quickly he recovered. I thought of how bad it could've been. When the table fell it hit his head and hurt his neck. He could've broken his neck, been passed out cold, paralyzed or worse. I am so thankful to my Father in heaven for protecting him.

Seth after accident with bloody towel and battle wound on side of head


The wooden table that fell down on top of Seth and Emilie

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Poor Seth! I am so glad he is o.k. (((((Sandie)))))

Amanda said...

Oh, Sandy! Thank goodness he's okay!

CA Mom said...

Seth has some important things to do in life. He is a brave and caring boy... we love you all